An excellent opportunity as arisen for a permanent, full-time Accounts Assistant to join our growing successful business. The chosen candidate will benefit from joining a company who believes in developing and supporting their staff as much as possible throughout their career, study support towards a professional qualification is available.
We require a focused, motivated, proactive employee with a strong desire and determination to succeed and grow within the company. The role is a key part of the business and requires excellent administration skills, attention to detail and outstanding time management, working closely with the Management Accountant.
Outreach Offshore Limited offer a Flexible Working policy.
Key Tasks will include, but not limited to:
- Maintain the purchase ledger on Sage 50, inputting all supplier transactions ensuring that all invoices, expenses, and parts are authorised and coded correctly.
- Maintain the sales ledger and report on aged debt collection with full responsibility of credit control
- Preparation of supplier and expenses payment runs
- Maintain financial policies/procedures throughout departments
- Assist with the preparation of monthly financial reports
- Reconciliation of supplier accounts
- Understanding of tax implications of transactions for VAT.
- Administration of company credit card expenses
- Participation in ad-hoc month end accounting tasks
- Participate in Internal Audits
The successful candidate will possess:
- Minimum of HNC/HND Accountancy qualification (desirable)
- Previous experience with Sage or similar ERP system
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in a busy accounting environment
- Excellent Microsoft Excel skills
- Experience of Microsoft Office, including Outlook, Word, and Teams.
- Previous experience in a customer facing role
- Ability to be proactive working as part of a team
- Full time flexible hours of work to suit business demands (37.75 hours per week)
The following equipment are offered for this role: laptop, portable scanner, mobile phone. Company pension scheme and up to 33 days annual leave are offered.
Remuneration will be dependent on experience and qualification £18,000 – £21,000 pa
Please apply by sending your current CV and covering letter stating why you would be the best candidate for this position, to firstname.lastname@example.org